Singapore is a land famous for its culinary excellence, seemingly infinite cuisine options and relatively budget-friendly pricing. So far, I have been more than impressed by both the availability of food, on and off the NUS campus, and the quality of the cooking and ingredients used, not to mention the 3 dollar lunches which rival any 10 dollar meal in NYC.

Other than eating, I've done some preliminary sight-seeing and exploring - I've been to Clarke Quay (the nightlife area of Singapore), Chinatown, Little India, and some shopping malls too, to buy the necessities of life here too.

Anyway, here are some shaky snapshots of what I've been eating, doing, and seeing thus far! I'm still getting my 'real' camera ready-for-action, so these were all unfortunately taken via iPhone. But I promise, the photo quality (and writing quality!) will soon improve!







Char siu fan - A lunchtime favorite I fell in love with back in Hong Kong. The Singaporeans do it just as well, for about the same price too (about 2 USD!)

An unfortunate name, spied on an advertisement in the MRT (train).

I bought some instant coffee at the Cheapest Store in Singapore. It was, in fact, quite cheap - 1 Singapore dollar for 8 sachets of premixed Kopi Kosong (Coffee Zero - sugary black coffee).

A beautiful mosque in Little India, which I entered, and was subsequently given a lesson on Islamic history and why Islam is the One True Religion. I was also told how "The Jewish System" is controlling the world and destroying everything... anti-semitism is a live and well, my friends!


The financial buildings at night are pretty sexy.

The Quayside is a popular place to sit, drink beer, and admire the view, all the while sweating puddles.

Another fantastic lunch - pork, peanuts, an egg, chili peppers, and some other unidentifiable delights over a healthy bed of white rice.

On the National University's free shuttle system, some buses have this wonderful feature. A door cock. I have no idea what it does, but the 13 year old boy inside of me had to take a picture of it...

Lastly, something called "Pataya Fried Rice", which was basically chicken and vegetable fried rice, covered in a thinly stretched fried egg, topped with a generous amount of chili sauce. Deelish.

All is well in the land of the Merlion.

Ben


Comments (8)

On March 19, 2014 at 1:16 AM , abcindiatours.com said...

Hong Kong Tour Packages - If you are looking for an exotic holiday destination then you can choose Hong Kong. It is worldwide recognized as a hot destination for trade and entertainment. Book your packages to enjoy holidays in Hong Kong.

 
On June 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM , Unknown said...

Clarke Quay is one of my favourite places to go in Singapore, fantastic food + view!

 
On September 22, 2014 at 9:20 PM , Unknown said...


I really want to go there in Singapore to try their different culinary excellence. I am a food lover and I am sure I will enjoy the food in Singapore. Thanks for sharing.



Autumn

 
On June 23, 2015 at 3:24 AM , Lifestyle Lookbook said...

Looks like you had a great time in Singapore! Love the photos and the post :)

xx Amanda & Carmen
http://www.lifestylelookbook.com

 
On December 8, 2016 at 4:44 AM , Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time in Singapore! Love the photos and read your the post, Enjoy more using hotels.com voucher codes :)

 
On June 22, 2017 at 2:23 AM , Unknown said...

Great im so exited to travel Singapore and enjoy my holidays. i already applied for Travel visa through Permitsandvisas.com and waiting for Visa approval. By the way thanks for sharing your memory and travel experience

 
On September 4, 2017 at 12:07 AM , Dhairya said...

Great!Awesome place for visit and Awesome food...I really want to visit this place.Thanks for sharing.

SyncVisas

 
On June 15, 2018 at 8:54 AM , Unknown said...

Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part :) I maintain such information much. I was once seeking this kind of information for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck. my sites:kids clothing online store australia