Just got back from a 2 week college road trip/family visit in the northeast. A little bit about each place visited:

Kalamazoo College (Michigan): Really went there for my sister, of no interest to me

Juniata (PA): Same as above

Swarthmore (PA): Snobbiest seeming school, beautiful campus, of no interest to me

Columbia (NYC): Great school/campus, definitely applying, probably not getting in

NYU: Unfriendly admissions people, no 'campus' feel

Wesleyan (Connecticut): Disappointing town, terrible info session lady, not good

Vassar (NY): Great campus, great school, definitely one of my favorites

Hampshire (Mass.): Very interesting alternative system, intriguing and very different from other places visited

Tufts (Mass.): Horrible info session guy; too smarmy,decent campus, nothing great or terrible

Cornell (NY): My favorite campus and school, everything great

In the end, Cornell was my favorite and Wesleyan my least favorite. Also had a lot of fun w/ cousin/aunt/uncle/Nana in NY.

Still waiting for my departure and family info for Hong Kong, and the conference call w/ AFS was a bit useless because the person who could give specific information about Hong Kong was absent. I spoke to the other American going there though, so that part was great.

Until more info arrives,

Ben

Comments (2)

On August 19, 2009 at 3:54 AM , Unknown said...

Hi Ben,

Hope the trip goes really well. You sound 100% positive and that's great to know. I am sure you will have a tremendous learning and growing experience. I will follow your blog all the way.

Ciao and all the best luck for your year abroad.

Lee

 
On September 4, 2018 at 3:49 AM , Unknown said...

I paid $14 for a pair of pants at Target my daughter wanted, they were falling apart in two weeks. I can buy her Gap, lands end or Gymborie on sale and it lasts much longer.

kids clothing online store australia